Nowadays everyone has an Android phone. So do not panic if your computer or laptop gets damaged. then you can easily print any important paper and photo while walking directly from Canon Printer Connect to Android mobile Wi-Fi. Wireless printing is a popular option for printing photos, emails, documents, and more from Android phones. You are able to print through the Canon printer setup process working on an Android smartphone or tablet by installing a printing plug app.
The Canon Printing app also provides for printing photos immediately after capturing multiple photos at once, print settings such as color mode, number of pages, and double-sided printing.
Download Canon App from Google Play Store.
- You can download Canon Printing App from Google Play Store. And you will receive a notification about phone permissions. Click OK.
- You will then be asked to allow print access to the app. then Tap on “Allow”.
- Select the available printers with the “Search” button.
- A box will appear to search for available printers. then Select “Search”.
- You will be prompted to set up the printer via WiFi. firstly Test your printer and press the OK button.
- Enter the password for your wireless router and tap the “OK” button.
- A confirmation will appear Tap on “OK”
- Will ask you again to find available printers. Tap on “Yes”.
- Now app is in the connection between your android and printer.
Using WiFi Canon Printer Connect to Android mobile
Android’s default print service tells your phone to find a printer on the same Wi-Fi network. Often you will have multiple Wi-Fi network points. Sometimes a device will go looking for the best Wi-Fi signal. This means your smartphone can connect to any other access point without you even knowing it. If you can’t print, check that your smartphone is on a Wi-Fi access point.
- To connect your phone via the Default Print Service,
- Go into the phone’s settings, search for “printing”, then select it from the results.
- Next, tap Printing in the list of Connection preferences, and then select Default Print Service and turn it on. A list of compatible printers on the network should appear. Select your one from the list.
If your printer doesn’t appear in the list then you have three options.
- First, go back to the canon printer settings, but instead of selecting Default Print Service, tap Add service. This will take you to a list of printer services for specific manufacturers.
- Select your brand, download it, then open printer settings to find your model.
- Then Follow the steps in the brand-specific service to find your canon printer.
- Finally, you can manually add your printer to the Default Print Service via Wi-Fi direct or its IP address. To use the IP, get into your router’s settings and find a section called Attached Devices or something similar.
- Locate your printer in the list of devices, and write down the IP address (e.g. 22.214.171.124)
- Then go back to the Default Print Service.
- Next, tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner, select Add printer, then Add printer by IP address. Type in the IP, tap Add and it should appear in the list.
- To use Wi-Fi Direct, go to Add printer then turn on Wi-Fi Direct printing.
- This will scan the area for Wi-Fi Direct-supported printers to establish a direct local connection that doesn’t require an internet connection.
- Tap the three dots in Default Print Service to manually add your printer.
You can enter the printer’s IP address (left) or select it from the list of Wi-Fi Direct-enabled models near your location (right).