Canon printer has a dedicated app for iOS and Android that supports wireless printing. Learn how to use use the Canon Printer app to set up your printer.
Step 1: Prepare the Printer
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button (A) on the printer until the ON lamp (B) flashes.
- Press the Colour button (C), then the Wi-Fi button (A).
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi lamp (D) flashes quickly and the ON lamp is lit.
- When the Wi-Fi lamp (D) flashes quickly, the printer is ready to receive information from the wireless network.
Step 2: Download Canon Printer App
Once you connect to the printer’s SSID, open the Canon Printer app. If you don’t already have it downloaded, please visit the Google Play store and download it to your device.
On Android device-
- Open the Google Play Store on a compatible Android device.
- In the search box at the top, type “Canon Printer App” and tap on the search icon.
- Go on to choosing “Download” for the authentic app.
- Wait for a while and tap-open this app to start it.
On iOS devices-
- Go to the Apple App Store from the main screen.
- Search for the Canon App the same way you search for other apps.
- Select the original app from the given options.
- Hit the “Get” option for this particular app and wait for it to get downloaded.
Step 3: How to Use the Canon App
The complete step-wise procedure to start using the Canon Printer app on your device is listed right below. Check out these steps and start applying them:
- Get the Canon printer application on your device.
- Open the application and complete the prompted instructions.
- Now complete the procedure to connect your printer to Wi-Fi.
- To print, select the photo that you wish to print from the app.
- To get the final printout, tap “Print”.
Step 4: Connect Canon Printer to your Smartphone
If you want, you can use the Canon Printer apps for Android to connect your PIXMA or MAXIFY printer to Wi-Fi. Learn how to do that:
- First, check your device version is compatible with this app.
- Get the app on your device by following the instructions mentioned in the above section.
- Once the Canon print inkjet SELPHY app gets downloaded, open it.
- Follow the prompted instructions to connect it to the available network.
- Go to the photo print section and start printing right from your device.
Step 5: Print an Image Using Canon App
For printing images, develop a wireless connection between your mobile and printer by connecting both the devices with a common Wifi. Check out the points given below for printing an image with the Canon app.
- Start the Canon printer application and select your printer model.
- Under the Print section, choose between “Photo Albums”, “Camera”, and “Scanned Items”.
- All the available images will be displayed on your screen, select the picture you wish to print. Based on your requirements, set the Paper Size, Media Type, and Border Preferences.
- You will get to see the Prepare for Printing message on your screen. Within a few moments, your selected photo will be printed.