In this era of advanced technology, printers have acquired immense significance. From household to business to educational institutes, a printer has become a must-to-use device. To make its printing service more feasible and seamless, Canon has launched its own printing app. The Canon printer app is a perfect printing companion that helps you to enjoy smooth connectivity, effortless printing, and flexible control right from your smart device.
Set up your Canon Printer on Chromebook
Below-stated is a thorough procedure that will provide you with a clear understanding of printing from Chromebook to Canon Printer. Every step of the procedure must be followed cautiously and in a sequential manner as provided below.
Step 1: Connect your printer to the internet
The primary step of the procedure is to hook up your printing machine to the high-speed network connection. There are multiple ways by which you can connect your Chromebook printer to the wireless network. Among the available methods, WPS is the preferable one. It is easy to perform the connection procedure as it can be accomplished in a couple of minutes. For this,
- Plugin your printing machine into a power socket and switch it on.
- Once the LED which is placed beside the power button is lit, press the WiFi button from your printer.
- Now, wait until the Wifi LED starts blinking.
- Following this, access your wireless router and locate the WPS button on it. Then, press it for a few minutes. This process from the pressing of the Wifi button to the WPS button must be completed in a duration of 2 minutes.
- Once the connection gets successfully established the WiFi LED will stop blinking.
Step 2: Add your Chromebook Printer to Google Cloud Printer
After the establishment of the internet connection on your printer, you have to connect your Chromebook to the same network connection. Connecting both the devices with the same wireless network will make the printer adding process smooth and error-free. Next to that, you have to add your Canon Chromebook printer to the Google cloud print. The process for the same is stated below.
- Start off the procedure by turning on your Chromebook device.
- Then, run an internet surfing browser on it i.e. Google Chrome.
- In the main primarily screen of your browser, look for the “Customize and Control Google Chrome” option. This option can be found on the upper-right corner of the screen symbolized with three vertical dots.
- As you click the three dots, a list of options will expand and come into view.
- Choose the “Settings” option from the list so as to move to the Settings window.
- In the next window, you need to scroll down till the down. You will then find the “Advanced” option in the middle of the screen.
- Click it and get access to several other options. Move down through the list until you get the Printing section.
- Click the “Google Cloud Print” option and further choose “Manage devices”.
- A new window will now prompt. Here, you have to choose the “Add Printers” option.
- Doing so, a list of printers will prompt on your screen. It will have all the printers that are connected to your Chromebook device.
- You will find a checkbox beside every Chromebook printer option. Tick Mark the one that you want to use for your printing and hit “Add”.
- This will successfully add your printer to the Google Cloud Account and make it available on your Chromebook.
Step 3: Print From Chromebook
For completing your print job, what you need to do is, follow a few simple steps that are listed below and you are done.
- The very first step is to open the document, image, or anything that you wish to print from your Chromebook.
- After your document is up on your screen, click the Settings/File option.
- Next, locate and select the Print option from the list.
- Alternatively, you can make use of print shortcuts i.e. CTRL + P.
- Doing so, the printing wizard will come into sight.
- The print wizard will display your print document with several other options.
- First, you need to select your print destination.
- Then, choose the number of pages to print, pages per sheet, and margins.
- Along with this, you also need to select your Chromebook printer from the print wizard.
- Make the appropriate choices and hit the “Print” tab.