Canon TR8550 is a compact all-in-one office printer with many print features. It is a sleek and automatic 2-sided printing device. You can print, copy, scan, and fax files on time with the Canon TR8550 wireless printer. Connect your Canon printer to Wi-Fi and start printing files online.
Just follow the directions below, and in no time, you will set up a Canon TR8550 wireless printer and Enjoy all these in one compact package!
Method 1: Connect Canon Pixma TR8550 Printer to WiFi
Using this method, you can connect the device to wifi on Windows as well as Mac. The WPS method can be performed in just 7 steps. Take a look at these below.
- Turn on your Canon printer by pressing the “Power” button.
- To reach the WPS button easily, keep the router near your printer.
- Press the “Wifi” button on your printer and hold it until the light gets on.
- Now, you have to wait for at least 2 minutes.
- Then press the “WPS” button located on the router. The blue wifi light will get on until the network is found.
- Once the wifi and the power lights become still, the wireless network will get connected.
- Now, give a command to print a test page and ensure that the device is working properly.
Method 2: Add Your Canon Printer to Windows
In order to get the job done, you must add your computer once you’ve properly linked the printer to WiFi. By following these instructions, you’ll be able to:
- Initially, connect the printer and the Windows computer to the network.
- Then, download and run the Canon printer driver and software, set up the wizard.
- Next, follow the installation instructions on the wizard screen to proceed further.
- Midway the process, the installation wizard throws the connectivity page.
- Here, select the Wireless connection mode for a wireless setup.
- After that, enter your Wifi network details into the space to establish a secure connection to the network.
- To connect Canon Pixma TR8520 to Windows wireless, go to the Windows Control Panel.
- Next, select the “Devices and Printers” option, check if your Canon printer is available.
- Click on ‘Add Printer’. You will get a number of options on the screen.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to add a printer by clicking Add a Printer.
Method 3: Add Your Canon Printer on Mac device
Now add the Canon Pixma TR8550 printer to MAC in a snap. For this, get the latest printer drivers and software to the MAC device. Here are the easy steps to complete Wireless Setup on MAC.
- Turn on your MacBook, printer, and Wi-Fi.
- Connect the printer to the same Wi-Fi to which you have connected the MacBook.
- Now, install the latest version of the printer driver by visiting the Canon website.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines and complete the process to Download the driver.
- Once it has been installed successfully, go to Apple menu and select ‘System and Preference’
- In the next window, you will find the option of ‘Printer and Scanners’. You need to select it.
- In order to add the printer, click on the plus sign (+).
- You will get a list of printers, select Canon Pixma TR8550, and click to add it.
Method 4: How To Print On Canon Pixma TR8550
- Connect your Canon printer and computer to the same network of a router or access point.
- Open the original document or picture you need to print on your computer.
- Tap the File menu located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Click the Print option. Configure the print settings if needed.
- Finally, tap OK and click Print to initialize the printing process.
- Now your printer starts to print the document.
If you are able to take the test printout successfully, then it means you have completed the Canon Pixma TR8550 printer setup properly.