Low on ink? We’ve got you covered! Follow the steps below to replace your Canon PIXMA MX490 ink cartridge replacement.
- Make sure that the power is turned on, and open the Paper Output Tray.
- Then open the paper output cover after which the cartridge holder goes to a position for replacement and the headcover opens automatically.
- Press down on the cartridge you would like to replace until you hear a click.
ATTENTION: Do not hold the FINE Cartridge Holder to stop or move it forcibly. Do not touch the FINE Cartridge Holder until it stops completely.
- Then take out a new cartridge from its package and gently remove the protective tape (G).
- Now insert the new cartridge directly into the cartridge holder to fit in so that it touches the back. Remember that the color ink cartridge must be inserted in the left slot while the black ink cartridge must be inserted in the right slot.
- After that, gently push up the ink cartridge lock lever for locking the cartridge into its correct position.
- If the ink cartridge lock lever makes a click sound then get assured that your cartridge is fixed into its designated place.
- Then close the door to access your printer and then turn on your printer through the connection to the source of power.
- You can now take the test of printing to confirm that your printer is printing.
So these were the simple and easy steps and information that you need to follow to replace the ink cartridge of your printers.