If you are a user of the Canon IP8720 printer, the first thing that comes to your mind is which ink cartridge is used for Canon Pixma iP8720. The compatible ink cartridge for Canon Pixma iP8720 is Canon PGI-250XL for the pigment black and Canon CLI-251XL ink cartridges for black, cyan, magenta, yellow, and gray.
In this article, we discuss how to install Ink Cartridges in a Canon Pixma iP8720 printer with a compatible ink Cartridge.
How to Install Ink Cartridge on Canon IP8720?
In the above section, we talked about which cartridges are compatible with Canon Pixma iP8720, but it is necessary to know how to install them. Here are the steps to install a compatible Canon PIXMA iP8720 ink cartridge:
Install Canon PGI-250XL Ink Cartridge
- Turn on the canon ip8720 printer and open the cartridge access door.
- Take the PGI-250XL ink cartridge out of its package and remove the protective tape gently.
Note: Do not touch the electrical contacts or print head nozzle on a FINE cartridge. The printer may not print properly if you touch them
- Match the label color with the color on the carriage. Put a new cartridge in the print head holder.
- Close the cartridge locking cover to lock the cartridge into place.
- Close the canon ip8720 printer gently.
Install Canon CLI-251XL Ink Cartridge
- Lift up the top cover of your Canon IP8720 printer.
- Get your CLI-251XL cartridge and make sure that you’ve removed its packaging and protective film.
- Then, hold and pull upwards the orange cap. Insert the CLI-251XL cartridge into its corresponding color slot.
- Insert the Canon CLI-251XL ink cartridge at a slant into the cartridge holder.
- Push the ink cartridge in and up firmly until it snaps into place.
- Close the cover of your canon IP8720 printer.