Let’s start by replacing the ink cartridge on the printer. To do this follow the procedure, every inkjet printer is a little different, but they all follow the same basic steps. Follow the steps below to replace the ink cartridge on a Canon Pixma printer.
Step 1: Tips While Changing Ink Cartridge
- If you can’t find the model name and details check on the documentation that came with the printer.
- Do not pull the print head out of its housing. It should move out automatically, either when the lid is opened or a button is pressed. As this might damage the printer.
- Make sure you get cartridges from the correct manufacturer. They are not compatible with different brands, and often within the same brand.
- Some cartridges have clips that can be pressed in to release them from the ink tray.
- Be sure of the way to remove it. Pull it at an angle away from point of attachment and it might cause damage and we can’t keep it back properly.
- Do not remove your cartridges unless you have replacements ready. Leaving a print head empty for too long can dry it out, making it unusable. Even dust can enter and heat the printer.
- Always print a test page after inserting the ink cartridges so that ink followed can be checked and corrected before you print your real document as it is sometimes seen to get a print of heavy ink in starting and slowly to normal thickness.
Steps 2: Change Ink in the Canon Pixma Printer
- Remove the papers in the printer and switch on, or else the cartridges will never come out of the printer.
- Turn on the printer and open the clip where the cartridges are there.
- Now, the cartridges will move for some time and settled in the center of the printing area.
- Press the head of the cartridge holder and slowly remove the ink cartridge.
- Try to note down the cartridge details and purchase exactly the same type.
- You can even refill the cartridges with ink if you have which is way simpler but be careful while refilling it.
- Shake well before unwrapping the cartridge. Do it to prevent leakage problems.
- Almost all cartridges will have a protective sticker or piece of plastic over the dispenser that needs to be removed before installation.
- Insert the ink cartridge carefully that to in the reverse of the way you remove them. Do it gently and less pressure.
- And now, close the lid. And you are done with this.
A step-by-step guide has been written so that you can easily change the ink cartridge of the Canon pixma printer.