Canon Pixma B200 Error : How to Fix It
Canon B200 Error is among the common issues that most users encounter when using the printer for printing a page. The error occurs due to faulty and improper printer heads, problematic cartridges, outdated canon printer drivers, etc. Please follow the below-mentioned solutions to resolve the Canon Pixma B200 Error code.
Methods to Fix Canon Pixma B200 Error Code
Check out the fixes and solutions of this problem, we will guide you step-by-step for clearing this problem. Select one of the available solutions below:
Method 1: Reset the printer.
- Power off your printer first.
- Then press the Stop button on the front of the printer for 2 seconds.
- Now, you are requested to press the ON button while holding the Stop button.
- When the power light is lit, keep holding the ON button but you have to release the Stop button for once.
- Thereafter, press the Stop button five times and you should still hold the ON button.
- Now, release both the buttons and wait for the printer to shut down.
- Finally, start the printer after some time.
- Now try to print and check whether the B200 error displays or not.
Method 2: Clean the Print-head and Ink Cartridge
In most cases, this error appears due to a faux ink cartridge and printhead in the Canon printer. Therefore, you need to start the solution work by cleaning them. Now follow the given steps to know the cleaning process.
- Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source
- Then open the printer cover to reveal the ink cartridge.
- After that, remove the printhead from the printer. Be careful while doing this, otherwise, your printer may suffer serious damage.
- Once you have done this, clean the printhead from the ink cartridge.
- Then you need to clean the printer’s contact pad. To do this, use a contact cleaner or a good eraser.
- Now reinstall the printhead and ink cartridge in their place.
Method 3: Manually Adjust the Print Carriage
Sometimes Canon printer users come to this error code due to a print carriage misalignment issue and, there is a high chance that the same problem is causing a B200 error on your printer. Now, to fix this misalignment problem on your Canon printer, you have to follow the instructions given.
- Turn off your printer and open Printhead Bay.
- Then turn on the printer and wait for the print cart to go to the left,
- Once it reaches the halfway point, close the lid. Then turn the printer back on.
Method 4: Update Printer Driver and Application
Most of the time, software issues related to this error code are outdated printer drivers and application issues. Therefore you need to start the software solution by updating them. Now to do this you need to follow some simple and precise instructions which are given below.
- First, go to the Control Panel window and click on the Hardware & Sound option.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, click Device Manager Options. This will open the Device Manager window on the screen.
- There you need to locate and click on the Printers option so that it can be expanded. In this extended section, you will find drive options for your Canon printer.
- Right-click on this option and open the context menu. In this menu, you will get the option of an updated player. Click on it.
- Now a window will appear on the screen. In this window, you need to click on the option to search for drivers automatically.
Method 5: Deep Cleaning
Now, if you do not want to manually clean your Canon printer, you can use a deep cleaning process for this task. To learn how to activate it on your printer, follow the instructions.
- Click on the Start icon and choose the Devices and Printers option.
- In the Devices and Printers window, you will find an option with the model name of your Canon printer. Right-click on this option.
- A pop-up menu will appear on the screen. There you have to click on the Properties option. This will launch the Properties window on the screen.
- In this window, you have to tap on the Maintenance tab and then click on the Deep Cleaning option.
We hope that our solutions and suggestions regarding the Canon B200 printer error code are very useful for you.