The Canon app is designed with effortless printing, scanning, and copying options and is best to enjoy flexible control over your actions. All the Canon smartphone applications are compatible both with Android and iOS devices. You can install these applications on your device in just a few clicks. For a deeper knowledge of these applications, you must review the information provided below.
How to Print with Your Canon Printer’s App
You can also print from your Android phone using your printer’s app. Most brands offer a mobile printing app.
- Go to Settings > Connected Devices > Printing > Default Printing Service.
- Tap Add service. The Google Play store will open to the printing service page.
- Scroll through the list to find your printer manufacturer’s app.
- Tap the print service and tap Install.
- Go back to the Printing Service settings page. You should see your manufacturer’s app available on the list.
- Close the printing settings and open the file you’d like to print.
- Click the Menu icon while you’re viewing the file in the app.
- Tap Print. Tap the list at the top of the screen to select your printer.
- Click on the printer icon to send it to your printer. You may see a confirmation pop-up, so tap OK to continue.
Printing from an Smartphone(Wi-Fi Function)
The following steps explain how to send images from a smartphone to SELPHY via Wi-Fi. Start the operation from step 1.
- Turn on your smartphone.
- Make sure your smartphone is not in airplane mode.
- Tap the menu key on your smartphone and tap [Settings].
- Turn the [Wi-Fi] switch ON and tap [Wi-Fi].
- Go to the iTunes or Google Play app store and choose the Canon app. Later, download and install the application onto your Smartphone
- From the main screen, tap Photo Print.
- Tap the album that contains the picture you want to print.
- Tap on the picture you want to print, then tap Select. You can choose more than one image.
- If you want to crop the image, tap the crop icon on the print preview screen.
- Pinch to zoom on the area you want to print. Move/rotate the frame to select the portion you want to save.
- Select OK to crop the image or Cancel to exit. You will return to the print preview screen shown below.
- Tap Print Settings to change print settings (paper size, media type, bordered / borderless, etc.).
- Tap Print to print the image or Deselect if you decide not to print.
Hope this article is helpful to you. Thank you!!