Canon MX492 Wireless Printer Setup On Windows & Mac
Canon MX492 Wireless Printers, be it Inkjet Multi-function, Inkjet Single Function, Color Laser, or Black and White Printers have started to be in the trends for the last couple of years for home and office use. This article will learn how to set up a Canon Pixma MX492 wireless printer on Windows and Mac. So, without any further delay, let’s get started!
Method 1: Unbox Canon MX492 Wireless Printer
Look at the below steps to unbox your Canon MX492 printer without any damage:
- Firstly, you need to check that the box comes with a seal. If it is not, then return it back.
- Open the printer’s cardboard and ensure that there are all the accessories which are mentioned on the box with the user manual.
- Take out the Canon MX492 printer from the box and place it on the smooth surface. The place where you placed the printer should satisfy the conditions like temperature and humidity.
- Peel off the packing materials and tapes present on the Canon MX492 printer.
- Connect your printer to the power socket by using an electrical cable.
- Turn on your Canon Pixma MX492 printer. Set your choices on the operator panel of the printer.
- Place a bunch of A4 sheets into the paper input tray.
- After that, place the original and good-quality ink cartridges into appropriate slots.
- After finishing the setup and installation process, try to print an alignment sheet to test your printer.
Method 2: Changing Canon Printer Setting
Change the printer setting following the procedure below.
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and release it when the POWER lamp flashes 3 times.
- Make sure POWER lamp is changed from flashing to lit.
Method 3: Connecting Device to Canon Printer
For Android or iOS, enable “Wi-Fi” on your device’s “Setting” menu. For more on the procedure, refer to the device’s instruction manual.
- Select “XXXXXX-iP110series” (“XXXXXX” represents the last six digits of the printer’s MAC address.) from the SSID list displayed on the device.
- Enter password. The printer serial number is specified as a default password. It is printed on the sticker attached to the printer rear and consists of 9 alphanumeric characters (four alphabets followed by five numbers).
Method 4: Connect Canon MX492 Wireless Printer on Windows
Here, we have explained the steps to configure the Canon MX492 Wireless printer on Windows PC. This can be done by following the below steps-
- For this, the Canon printer driver should be downloaded from their official website.
- Download the driver after adding information about the Canon printer.
- Once the download is complete, proceed to install the file, which can be located in the download bar.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- The final step will require the Canon printer to be connected to the wireless network.
- Open the Settings app on the Windows device, and open the Windows Control Panel.
- Then choose Printers & Devices and select Add Printer. Add the desired Canon printer that shows up on the list.
- Select the printer, and click OK. Following this, the Canon printer is connected to the wireless network.
Method 5: Connect Canon MX492 Wireless (WiFi) Printer on MAC
Here, we will explain how to connect the Canon MX492 wireless printer to your Mac device. Follow the below steps to get a complete guide –
- Switch on the Canon printer, your Mac device & your WiFi router. Now, connect your Canon printer to a WiFi network.
- Thereafter, download your printers compatible driver from Canon’s driver download page
- Further, finish the driver installation process on your Mac OS
- Once the installation is done, open the “Apple Menu” and choose the “System Preference” option.
- Now, select the “Printers and Scanners” option. Then, from the next window, click on + sign to add the printer.
- Now a list of available printers will be shown. Select your Canon printer from here and click on the “Add” option.
- Finally, now your Canon printer will be connected to your Mac device.
Method 6: Change Ink Cartridge Canon PIXMA MX492
- Ensure the Canon Pixma MX492 setup printer is powered on.
- Raise the access door at the front of the printer.
- Open the door of the paper output.
- Gently push and remove the empty ink cartridge which you need to replace.
- Take a new cartridge and unpack it.
- Peel off the protective tapes on the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into the corresponding holder.
- Gently push the cartridge until it fits into place.
- Close the paper output door and complete the ink cartridge replacement process.
This article might be useful to connect your Canon MX492 Wireless Printer to your Wifi Router, Windows, or MAC.