Go through the below-noted instructions step-wise to set up your Canon PIXMA MX492 Wireless Printer in an effortless manner. Just have a look at those points:
How to Connect Canon Mx490 Printer to Windows PC?
- Click the Start button and then select the Settings option.
- From the Settings Window, click the Devices option.
- From here, select the Printer and Scanners option.
- Select Add Printer or Scanner option from here, now connect it to the same network as Printer.
- Once the setup process is done, you will have the option to start using the Printer from the Windows.
How to Connect Canon Mx490 Printer To Mac OS?
- Ensure that both printer and system are connected to the same network after switching on the printer and the WI-Fi router.
- From the Apple menu select “System Preferences”.
- Select the Printers and Scanners option. From here, select the + icon to add a new Printer.
- You will be presented with a list from which you need to select the Printer and add it manually.
- Make sure that the Canon Printer and the Mac system are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Once the connection is done, try to print a test copy from the Mac system through the connected Canon’s Printer.
Adding Canon Mx490 Printer to the Computer
After creating the link between the printer and the wireless network, add your printer to the computer, but keep in mind that your printer and computer must connect to the same wireless network before proceeding further.
- Press the Window + R key at the same time on your keyboard, type “control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters” in the search bar, and then click on the OK button.
- Click on the Add a Printer option accessible at the top of the Devices and Printers window.
- Go to the Printer section, select your printer, and then click on the Next button.
- Now, your Canon Printer is ready to print your documents.