Canon Pixma MX490 is an Inkjet printer that supports the latest printing technology. This all-in-one printer allows users to print scan and copy their documents as high-quality printouts.
Here in this article, we encourage you to remain tuned as you may become familiar with the Canon MX490 Wireless Setup strategies.
Canon Pixma MX490 Printer Setup – Wireless Connection
- Ensure that the printer is turned on which can be identified by the lit power lamp.
- Press the setup button of your Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
- Thereafter, select the “Wireless LAN“setup by clicking on the side arrow options then hit ok.
- Here at this step, the printer will itself start searching for the compatible wireless routers.
Performing the Push Button method/Connecting via WPS
- Begin by pressing and holding the WPS button on the wireless router.
- Next within two minutes press the ok button on the printer.
- Hit the ok button once “Setup menu” and “Fax settings” options appear on the screen.
- Lastly press the “Copy” button.
- Now the Wireless Network Setup Process is complete for Canon Pixma MX490 Printer.
How To Connect Canon Wireless (WiFi) Printer on Windows
Here, we have explained the steps to configure the Canon MX490 printer on Windows PC. This can be done by following the below steps-
- Firstly, turn on your printer, Windows PC, and router.
- Ensure printer and PC are connected well.
- Then, connect the canon Printer to the WiFi network (steps explained in the above section).
- Now, go to your browser and open the canon driver download page and install a compatible printer driver.
- Once the downloading is completed, double-click on the driver file.
- Follow the onscreen simple instruction to complete the installation of your printer driver.
- Next, select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Now, select the “Add Printer” option available from the next appearing screen.
- Thereafter, a list of available printers will be shown on your screen. From here, select your Canon printer and click on ‘Next’.
- Thereafter, wait for a few seconds and your canon wireless printer will be connected to your Windows PC.
Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
Here’s how you can set up your wireless Canon Pixma MX490 Printer for Mac:
- Ensure that both printer and system are connected to the same network after switching on the printer and the WI-Fi router.
- Now, install the latest version of the printer driver by visiting the Canon website.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines and complete the process to Download the driver.
- Go to the “Apple Menu” and click on “System Preferences”
- Select “Printer and Scanner” from the following window.
- Now from the next window, hit on the + icon to add your printer.
- Select your printer from the drop-down list.
- Congratulations your Canon Pixma 490 printer will be connected to the Mac system.
Hope the write-up will come to your maximum advantage while setting up your Canon Pixma MX490 printer.