All printer users must be changing their cartridges to print properly, which includes Canon mx490 printers. As a Canon printer owner, it is also possible to replace your ink cartridge if you have a full understanding of that. However, there are many people who aren’t aware of changing the ink on a Canon printer. If you’re one of them seeking out the best ways to change ink on a Canon printer, you should look over this article and go through the step-by-step procedure to change the ink on the Canon mx490 printer.
Things to Think About Before Starting:
There are many things to think about before you change the cartridge of your Canon mx490 printer. They are listed below:
- Always use a brand new cartridge for ink instead of old ink cartridges as it could cause clogging of the nozzles.
- Replace the cartridge ink immediately when you remove the cartridge.
- Make use of white, clean cloth to clean out the cartridge with ink.
- Do not leave the cartridge of ink in the open after taking it out of the packaging.
- Utilize an ink cartridge with an accurate date of usage and ensure that you utilize it according to the day of usage.
Steps to Replace the Canon Mx490 Printer Ink Cartridge
- The first step is to you must open the door for access to your printer with care and make sure you’re opening it with the support brace, which is situated on the right-hand side of the cover.
- You must now remove the ink cartridge that you purchased from the container.
- Then you must remove all protective tapes from the cartridge you plan to place in.
- Push the cartridge of ink into the slot that is empty so that it touches the faces of the metal inside the slot.
- Once your ink cartridge has been was installed correctly, it will be was properly placed in its spot and the light will turn on.
- Then close the access doors for your Canon printer. Wait for a couple of seconds, until the indicator light on your printer is solid.
- Then, you are able to run a test print to verify whether the ink cartridge has been correct in its replacement or not.
So these were the simple and easy steps and information that you need to follow to replace the ink cartridge of your canon mx490 printers.