With the help of this guide, we are going to describe the steps to setup Canon Pixma mx310 wireless connection with your Windows and Mac device.
To begin, follow these steps to make the wireless connection for the Canon mx310 printer:
- First, download the Canon mx310 printer driver from the official canon website.
- Once the downloading is complete, tap twice on the setup file. It will most probably be in the ”Downloads” folder.
- A confirmation screen will come up, tap on the ”Yes” option.
- Then, it will ask you to select a printer connection method:
- Wi-Fi connection
- USB connection
- Select the option of a “Wi-Fi connection’ to setup the wireless connection.
- Now go to the Canon mx310 printer and make sure that the printer is turned on.
Note: Please make sure that the Wi-Fi router is turned ON.
- Press and hold the following (button symbol is given below ) button on your printer for 3 seconds.
- Now your printer will start searching for various wireless networks.
- Select your WiFi network from the list and press on ‘OK’.
- Now it will ask for you password of your Wi-Fi or enter the WPA/WEP key. In a few moments your printer will connect to WiFi network.
Note: After setup a wireless connection on canon, you have to add your canon printer on your device (such as windows or mac) to make sure that your printer is connected or not.
How to add Canon MX310 printer to your device?
- Navigate to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and printers.
- Check that your printer is visible on the next screen with a green check mark. If not, then you need to manually add on by clicking on ‘Add printer’ option.
- Select your Canon printer from the list of available printer devices.
- Once it is added, you will see your printer added with a green check mark.
- Tap on the Apple icon from at upper left corner of your screen.
- Select System Preferences from the dropdown menu.
- In the next window, tap “Printers and scanners”.
- Tap on the “+” sign at the bottom left corner of the screen, and a new window appears.
- In the Use: field, select Canon #### model number.
- Select the Add button and it will display with a Green check mark.