Canon MG3620 Printer Not Responding – Fixed
The Canon Pixma MG3620 is extremely popular around the world, not only because of its reasonable price. The wireless all-in-one inkjet printer also makes printing incredibly convenient and straightforward for almost any need.
You can print from virtually anywhere around the house or office, thanks to its advanced wireless capability. It also has numerous superb features that help enhance printing efficiency, like Auto Duplex Printing and Mobile Device Printing.
The most common issues that have been reported by the users are ‘Canon printer not responding. If you are also one of them and continue getting the pop error message saying “Canon printer not responding” then there is nothing to panic about. To know how to get a hold of this issue and know the root cause of your Canon printer not responding, continue with this life-saving article.
Solution 1 – Reset Canon MG3620 LAN Settings
Make sure that there is no other device connecting to your printer before you start. After resetting the LAN settings, you need to uninstall and reinstall the Canon MG3620 software. The same goes for every other wireless device.
- Long-press the Stop button. Once the Alarm indicator blinks 21 times, release your hold on the Stop button.
- Please turn off the Canon MG3620 and detach its power cord. Allow the printer to cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the device back on and long-press the Wi-Fi button. Release the button once the power ON indicator blinks.
- Tap the Color button, followed by the Wi-Fi button. The printer will now start activating the wireless setting.
Solution 2 – Keep a check on the Printer Spooler Service
The print spooler service is responsible for managing all the print jobs that are sent to the printer of the computer. If the service is disabled, the printer will not receive the commands and will not work eventually. Though the printer service is visible to the users and the print job lined up can also be canceled by the user itself to manage the print task.
- Tap on the start and search in the search dialog box. In the box, you have to type “services”.
- Now, in the service window, you need to search for the print spooler service and right tap on it.
- Just select the “Properties” option. In the general tab, type “Automatic”.
- If the services are not running then you need to change the status to “Start”
- After this, click on the “OK” button.
Solution 3 – Switch to the Network Discovery Mode
Most of the time, the printer is not responding because of the network issue it has been facing. To get rid of this issue, keep a check on the network as it is the network that enables the system to see other devices connected to it.
- First of all, you need to start to click on the start button.
- After that go to the “Control Panel” option.
- Choose the network and internet options.
- After this, choose the network and sharing center option.
- Just select the advance sharing settings.
- Now, you need to turn on the discovery mode if it is turned off.
Solution 4 – Use the printer troubleshooter:
The troubleshooter of windows is generally known for being unhelpful in such cases but it has helped quite a few people and you never know it can be helpful to be you as well. You need to keep the following steps in head to configure the issue of “Printer not responding”.
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run Box.
- Type “control.exe /name Microsoft.Troubleshooting”
- Press “Enter” to open Windows Troubleshoot.
- Once the troubleshoot window opens up, scroll down and select “Printer’
- Now click on “Run the troubleshooter”
- After this, the troubleshooter will detect the problem and reflect it on the screen.
- If there is any inconsistency found, then you will be asked to follow repair strategies
- Now you just need to restart the computer and see if the issue is resolved.
It may not be a straightforward process to resolve the canon mg3620 printer troubleshooting. But trying these methods one by one will undoubtedly get you rid of this issue quickly and safely.