Canon IP6000D Error 5200 appears mainly due to low ink levels and also because there is a faulty cartridge or a problem with the logic board in the printer. Primarily, there are three easy solutions for the error 5200 in the Canon printer.
We have discussed them one by one and you should try each of them until this issue is resolved.
Solution 1: Refill all cartridges/ink tanks to resolve Canon IP6000D error 5200
- Check the ink levels in your black and colored ink cartridges and get them to fill if they are running low on ink.
- After refilling the Black cartridge, make sure that the color ink cartridge is also fill. Otherwise, you will encounter this error.
Solution 2: Clean Cartridge / Print Head Manually to resolve Canon IP6000D error 5200
- Unplug the power cable of your printer and leave your printer for 1 hour.
- Then, take out the ink cartridges from your printer and clean their head properly.
- Re-insert the cartridges, re-plug the power cable and turn on your printer to check whether the error has been resolved or not.
Solution 3: Reset your Canon IP6000D Printer to Factory (default) Settings
With these steps, we are going to reset printer settings to default settings.
- Press the ‘ON’ button to switch off your printer.
- Wait for the printer to turn off.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Stop’ button from your right hand and simultaneously press and hold the ‘ON’ button from your left hand.
- Then, release the ‘Stop’ button after 2-3 seconds and keep holding the ‘ON’ button using your left hand.
- While holding the ‘ON’ button, press the ‘Stop’ button 5 times.
- Release all the buttons and you will see that the LCD display will show blank, but the ON button will start blinking. This is a sign that your printer is reset.
- At this point, your computer may show that it’s installing new hardware, just ignore that message.
- Once the ON button stops blinking and constantly shows a green light. Press it once and wait for your printer to switch off.
- Remove the cartridges from your printer. Carefully clean the printhead and replace the cartridges back into the printer.
- Then, press the ‘ON’ button to turn on your printer.
That’s it. Now, you should try to print and your printer will print normally. Hope this article is helpful to you. Thank you!!