Getting the right type of printer for your job can be an overwhelming task. With so many features to consider, Canon ijsetup printers make for the closest to what an ideal printer can be for your quick and easy printing solutions. Here, we go on to guide you on how to connect Canon ijsetup driver for Windows, Mac, and other devices.
Basic Requirements for Canon Ijsetup
Affordable All-In-One printer with fine printing, copying, and scanning functions, Canon Pixma MG2570S it can be set up easily for wireless printing after meeting the below-mentioned prerequisites:
- You must have a router or hub as an access point via which you receive an Internet connection. It must be a fully functional access point before you go to the next step.
- Ensure that you have a computing device such as a Smartphone, PC, Tablet or Mac, or simply any computer, which is properly connected to the Internet.
Step 1: Connect Canon Printer Wirelessly to WPS
- Ensure the access point button is ready to be pressed.
- Now proceed with Canon ij Setup, by holding the WI-Fi button till the orange alarm lamp flashes once. Soon, after it flashes release the Wi-Fi button.
- You need to ensure the blue Wi-Fi lamp flashes quickly and the Power lamp with the green light is lit. After that press and hold the access point button within 2 minutes.
- Ensure blue Wi-Fi lamp and green Power lamp are lit.
Step 2: Connect Canon Printer Wirelessly through Wi-Fi
- Press and hold a Wi-Fi button on the control panel of the canon printer, until the light begins to flash.
- Tap both Wi-Fi and color buttons simultaneously.
- Proceed by connecting the printer to the network of a router for Canon IJ setup.
- Go ahead with installing the driver software on your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instruction and choose the connection method as Wireless LAN Connection.
- Put in the network name and password of the router when prompted.
- For proceeding with Canon Wireless Setup, you need to ensure the computer and printer are connected to the same router.
Step 3: Download Canon IJ Setup Printer Drivers
To manually download the Canon printer drivers, follow the steps given below
- Firstly, on your computer navigate to the official site.
- Next, select ‘Printers’ from the Product list.
- Following this select your printer model.
- Thereafter click on ‘Drivers and Downloads’ beside it.
- The website will automatically detect your OS and display it.
- If you want to change your OS, click on it.
- After that, download the desired drivers on your computer.
- Finally, install the drivers by following the simple on-screen directions.
Step 4: Setting up your Wireless Canon Printer
This section here will guide you through the processes for both Windows and Mac devices:
Tip 1: Windows Devices
If you are using a Windows device, the settings slightly differ. Check out the guidelines below:
- Turn on your Canon printer and get it connected to the Wi-Fi network you’re currently using.
- Press “Windows” (symbol) along with “R”, and wait for the “Run” box.
- In the box, type “control/name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters”.
- Go for the “Ok” tab and let the “Devices and Printers” folder come up.
- Hit on the “Add Printer” tab and move on with all the on-screen prompted instructions.
- Finish the setup process by hitting on the option reading “Ok” at the end of the instructions.
Tip 2: Mac Devices
Connect Canon Printer on Mac and start printing your documents at good speed and quality. If you do not know how to connect your device, follow the steps below:
- Begin by turning on your computer and your wireless printer.
- For accessing your wireless Canon printer online, get it linked with the Internet connection you have.
- Tap on the Apple (symbol) and hit on “Systems and Preference”.
- Go for “Printers and Scanners” and add your printer with “+”.
- You’d be able to complete the setup as and when your printer is added.
Canon Printer is ready for use, you can run a print test to confirm the same. Hope this article is helpful to you.