Canon B200 Error: How to Fix It
It’s frustrating when you need to print something important, and you receive a B200 Error on your printer screen. It’s a sign that your device is encountering some severe issues. It may create unnecessary interruptions in your day-to-day printing requirements.
First of all, you have to identify the cause of this error, then fix the issue. With the B200 Error, your printer won’t complete the printing process. There are a few methods you can try to fix the error before you shop for a new printer.
How to Fix the Canon B200 Error?
There are several things you can do to try to fix a faulty print head and eliminate the B200 error. Try some of the below Methods before you replace the entire device.
Method 1. Reset the Canon Printer
No one can guarantee this technique to solve the error, but sometimes performing a reset process helps for some printer models. Here’s how to reset the Canon printer:-
- Unplug the printer from your computer and disconnect the power cable.
- Turn off your printer and open the print head bay. Then wait for about 30 minutes.
- Turn on the printer, and then wait for the print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past halfway.
- Before print carriage reaches left-hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
Now, you can check if the Canon support code B200 disappears.
Method 2. Clean the Printer Head
Cleaning print head is an effective solution for many canon printers encountering B200 errors:-
- Open your Control Panel, and then change the View by to Category and select the Hardware and Sound section.
- Inside the Device and Sound window, click on the Devices and Printers section.
- Navigate to the Printers section, and then right-click the canon printer and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Hardware or Maintenance tab, and then click on the Clean Heads or Clean Cartridges option.
- When you are asked which print heads to unclog, click on All Colors if it is available.
- Click on OK or Start to start the cleaning process.
Method 3. Install the Printer Driver
Sometimes the Canon support code B200 can occur due to an outdated printer driver. In this case, you can download an updated Canon printer driver from its official website and follow the steps below to install it.
- Press the Win + I keys to open the Settings window, and then type Device installation in the search box and select Change device installation settings.
- In the pop-up window, make sure the Yes (recommended) is selected and click on Sve Changes.
- Navigate back to the Settings windows, and then select Devices > Printers & scanners one by one.
- Click on Add a printer or scanner on the right pane, and then select the Canon printer driver and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
Method 5. Remove All Obstructions
Some obstructions may be disrupting the connection between your printer head and the cartridge. So, make sure you remove any obstructions. For that, you can open the printer’s door and disconnect the print head, and then take it out of the device. After a while, you can reinstall it and see if the B200 Canon error is fixed.
Method 6. Switch to a New Printer
If all the above methods fail to resolve the Canon error B200, you may have to consider shopping for a new printer. Well, you also can seek help from professionals or request replacement or repair within the warranty.