In this post, we have explained the detailed steps for Canon Pixma 4520 wireless printer setup on Windows and Mac devices.
Wireless Connection Setup – Canon Pixma 4520
Take a careful note of the procedural steps for the Canon 4520 wireless printer setup.
- Ensure that the Canon 4520 printer is turned on. (Here the white power lamp will be lit.)
- Verify that, the button on the access point should be ready to be pressed.
- Here, hold the WiFi button (A) on the printer till the time the white power lamp flashes once.
- Release the WiFi button after one flash.
- Ensure that blue WiFi lamp flashes quickly and white power lamp lights up.
- Press and hold the button on the access point (within the time span of two minutes.)
- Lastly here user needs to make sure that both blue WiFi lamp and white power lamps are lit.
- Now your wireless network connection setup is complete now.
Canon 4520 Printer Wireless Setup on Windows
The following steps will guide the user to perform the wireless setup of the Canon 4520 printer on Windows.
- Before you start the wireless setup process make sure that the printer, router, and windows PC are turned ON.
- Connect your Canon 4520 printer via the wireless router as already mentioned above.
- Now download the printer driver on your Windows computer by clicking on canon’s official website.
- From the next result choose your printer model and click on the “Download” button.
- Once the downloading process finishes, double-click on the driver software package option to open the setup.
- Finish the installation process, open the Control panel by clicking the windows search option.
- Select “Devices and Printers” from the window that comes next.
- Click on the “Add Printer” section which appears on the left corner of the windows screen. You will see a list of printers, select your printer from list and wait for few moment.
- Once printer is added, it will show in device and printer section. Take a print test now.
Wired connection method (Canon Pixma 4520)
Take a careful note of the procedural steps for the Canon 4520 wired connection.
- Ensure that the Canon 4520 printer is turned on. Here, the white power lamp will be lit.
- Here, you will need an ethernet cable. Remove the cap (B) from the upper port that is located on the right side at the back of your Canon Pixma 4520 printer.
- Now connect the printer and the network device through an ethernet cable. Be careful to not to connect it to the USB port.
- Keep pressing the Resume/Cancel button until the time power lamp flashes eleven times.
- Release the Resume/Cancel button after the eleventh flash and your wired connection setup will be completed.
- Now download the printer driver on your Windows computer by visiting the Canon website.
- From the given list, select your printer model and hit on the “Download” option.
- Once the downloading process finishes, hit the driver package option to open the setup.
- Thereafter finish the installation process by carefully following the onscreen instructions.
- Now open the run dialog box type in the control panel and hit the OK button.
- Select “Devices and Printers” from next appearing windows screen.
- Look at the left upper corner and hit the “Add printer” option. Now you will be able to see a list of the installed printers.
- Select your model printer and wait for a few seconds.
- Finally your Canon printer will appear in the ‘Devices & Printers’ section and will be ready for use.
Canon 4520 Printer Wireless Setup on Mac
The following steps will guide the user to perform wireless setup of their Canon 4520 printer on Mac.
- Ensure that both printer and system are connected to the same network after switching on the printer and the WiFi router.
- Taking the help of the first section of the write-up, connect your printer to the WiFi network.
- Now download and install the latest version of the printer driver by visiting Canon’s website.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the process of driver download.
- Go to the Apple menu and then select “System Preferences”.
- Click on the “Printers and Scanners” option from the next screen.
- Click on the add button on the bottom left corner of the prompt screen.
- Select your printer from the drop-down list and wait for a few seconds for the connection to get well established.
- Congratulations your Canon 4520 printer is now connected to the Mac system.